Dull, dreary, dry… winter is not the kindest season to my otherwise supple, normal skin. Now that its finally over and I’m coming out of my hibernation, I’m not really loving the feel of my skin in the harsh light of summers. I feel dry, dull and tired-looking.
With the change in season, it’s time to gear up for summers and pack away the heavy-duty moisturizers in favor of light-weight lotions. Since it’s difficult for my skin to adjust to the fact that it’s not freezing cold outside, I am always on the lookout for something that can transform my dull skin to fresh and dewy. And let’s face it, it would take nothing short of a miracle to do THAT! So you can imagine my excitement as I share with you a product that not only makes me look well-rested but has now become a favorite ‘watering-hole’ for my skin! Let me introduce you to my skin’s BFF- *drum rolls* –
The Clarins Beauty Flash Balm
What is it?
A light-weight formula designed to brighten, tighten and transform your skin in a flash. I call it “my personal face-lift” in a tube. Yes, it literally takes a super flash second to give your skin a dewy radiance.
How to use it –
Clarins Beauty Flash Balm can be used in two ways –
- As a Primer – It’s best to use this balm before applying foundation. The olive extracts and witch hazel present in the balm tighten the skin while making it look fresh and dewy. Since I do not use foundation on a daily basis, I applied the beauty balm after my moisturizer and followed it up with kohl and lip balm.
- As a Mask – I absolutely loved this product as a mask. It says on the box to apply a thick layer of the balm all over your face for 10-15 minutes. Since it is an expensive product, I applied a moderate layer to my face for 15 minutes and wiped it off with a wet face tissue. Do not wash your face. I could literally feel my skin soaking in all the moisture when I left the balm on my face.
Next Morning: Fresh, soft, hydrated skin after removing the mask.
The balm is light-weight and creamy in texture. It is peach in color and has a lovely European scent. Best suited for dry to normal skin types, if you have oily skin, give this product a miss.
The Good –
- Absorbs fast
- Great as a primer and even better as a mask
- Makes the skin look fresh and radiant
The Not-so-Good –
- May not work on oily skin
- The price – a bit steep for an everyday product but great for a once-a-week indulgence
- Not so easily available in India.
My Experience With Clarins Beauty Flash Balm –
I loved the product as a balm. A miracle worker for tired skin, it is the perfect balm for my dull and dry skin. I felt it was a bit expensive as an everyday moisturizer but I’m definitely using it as a weekly treatment mask for my pollution-abused face.
Would I Recommend It?
Definitely! It’s a must-have for every beauty aficionado and I give it a 5/5 as a mask and 4/5 as a primer.